Water Heater Service in West Palm Beach
Have you noticed that your water is no longer as hot as it used to be? Or, perhaps you’ve been hearing strange noises emanating from the holding tank of your tank water heater. If you’re in need of repair services for your tankless water heater or tank water heater, you can rely on Benjamin Franklin Plumbing to provide quick, reliable services at a price you can afford.
Our knowledgeable Palm Beach County technicians are available 24/7 for emergency repair services, as well as during regular working hours. We excel in repairs of all major types of water heaters and will get you back up and running as quickly as possible. Our full-service repair technicians are licensed, insured, and guaranteed to thoroughly address your water heater repair needs.
What Type of Service or Repair Do You Need?
Depending on the type of water heater you have in your home, you may be experiencing a variety of different symptoms, each of which can indicate a particular issue with your water heater. Follow these tips to troubleshoot your water heater repairs so you can solve minor issues on your own or request an accurate estimate from Benjamin Franklin Plumbing regarding your final repair costs.
Gas and Electric Tank Water Heaters:
● If gas, is the gas connected and the pilot light lit? If not, ensure all connections are clear and water is not dripping onto the pilot light and extinguishing the pilot light.
● If electric, is the unit plugged in? This may seem simple; however, occasionally, electric appliances become unplugged or need resetting. When you plug the unit in, reset the thermostat.
● Are hot water pipes insulated? Poor insulation can cause your water to feel much cooler than the temperature at which your water heater provides it.
● Check the thermostat setting. Temperatures above about 120 degrees may cause overheating and burnout, while too-low temperatures can result in sub-par water heating.
Other Water Heater Issues
● Faulty pressure-relief valves. Check your pressure relief valve by lifting the handle and letting it snap back into place. If it does not perform as inspected or is leaking after closing, it may need replaced.
● Sizzling and hissing noises. These noises may indicate sediment within your tank. Your tank should be drained at least twice per year to rid it of this sediment, which causes corrosion and reduces the effectiveness of your heating element.
● Leaking pipes. If your pipes are leaking, check for splits or cracks in the pipes and their fittings. Tighten fittings if possible. If leaking continues, the pipes likely need replaced.
● Leaking tank. If you have a tank water heater which is leaking, replacement is likely necessary. Corrosion or other incidences within the tank may have rendered it unrepairable.
Contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing Today
If you are in need of water heater repair or replacement, look no further than the water heater experts at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing. Whether you need 24/7 emergency service or more routine repairs and maintenance, our knowledgeable technicians will assist you in returning your water heater to proper working order. Prevent further repairs from becoming necessary and contact us today.